On this episode, hosts Sara, Jessica, & Michelle talk about how thin Italian women are, caves in Basilicata transformed into luxury hotels, & Berlusconi’s continued party mode. Then we speak to Cherrye Moore to hear some Calabria summer travel tips and to learn about her food & wine tour in Calabria in the fall.
Eye on Italy News Stories:
- Italian Women Among the Thinnest in Europe – via @wanderingitaly
- In Italy, Luxury Transforms Caves Into Hotels
- Wiretaps Show Berlusconi Still Having Bunga-Bunga Parties
Cherrye Moore is an American travel writer and consultant who has been living in Calabria since 2006. Her company, My Bella Vita Travel specializes in personalized itineraries for travelers to southern Italy and creates one-of-a-kind heritage tours of Calabria. This year she has joined forces with Tania Pascuzzi of In Italy Tours to offer the first annual Calabrian Table Tour, an 8-day cooking, food and wine tour of Calabria — which we’ll be talking more about shortly.
Eye on Italy Angolo d’Italiano:
- Let’s go (Italian: andiamo)
Eye on Italy Picks of the Week:
- Sara: Kindle Sunshine deals – 600 books for $0.99 – 2.99 (until June 15th) – Italy from a backpack
- Jessica: Life Lessons from a Tuscan Wedding
- Michelle: Parola del Giorno iPhone app
- Cherrye: Mamma Agata: Simple and Genuine Cookbook; In Search of the Perfect Parmigiana
- Deal of the Week:
Video of the week:
- Calabrese 101: Note: These translations are meant to be humorous and are NOT accurate, and in many cases offensive. Use with caution.