Hosts Sara, Jessica and Michelle celebrate their 1-year podcast anniversary with some news stories about Campania and speak with Bonnie from Napoli Unplugged about the arts in Naples and the Maggio dei Monumenti – the month of monuments in Naples.
Eye on Italy News Stories:
- Italy to marshal EU, private funds to save Pompeii
- Naples Museum Requests Asylum in Germany
- World’s No. 1 Pizza Team Announced in Salsomaggiore, Italy (and you might be surprised where they’re from)
The owner/operator of Napoli Unplugged, her website reaches thousands of visitors every month in more than 100 countries and has become Naples’ Premier English Language City Portal. A true labor of love Bonnie says her website indulges her greatest passions – photography, writing, history, and most importantly her adopted home – Napoli. That she will never run out of things to photograph or write about, that she says is just the icing on the cake.
Where to find Bonnie online:
- Bonnie is @NapoliUnplugged on Twitter
- Maggio dei Monumenti [in Italian – the English version of the site is incomplete/outdated] – 2011 dates are every weekend from April 22 through May 29
Eye on Italy Angolo d’Italiano:
- museo – monumento – tesoro
- museum – monument – treasure/treasury (the latter is also a term of endearment)
Eye on Italy Picks of the Week:
- Sara: L’aperitivo vintage from Dissapore
- Jessica: New parking garage on the Amalfi Coast [between Amalfi & Atrani]
- Michelle: Beyond the Pasta iPhone/iPad app by Mark Leslie, past Eye on Italy guest
- Bonnie: MADRETUBE – MADRE’s Virtual Museum and John Turturro’s Passione on BlueRay
- Deal of the Week:
- 6-night Italy package trip, Rome-Florence-Venice, includes airfare, rail transfer, & hotel – from $1399 in May, $1799 in June-July-August, $1399 in September-October
- See the WhyGo Italy travel deals page for the latest travel deals
Video of the week:
- Foxy John: the unforgettable American accent on Ballando con le Stelle (Italian Dancing with the Stars) – (@ 1:30 and later when he calls the scores) – he really speaks Italian better than most Italians.
- His site: http://www.foxyjohnproduction.com/