This week, hosts Sara, Jessica, and Michelle give updates on previous stories about the Jersey Shore and Berlusconi’s Rubygate trial, and discuss news of potential border disputes between France & Italy. Then we’ll talk to author and developer of the new iPhone app Eat Rome, Elizabeth Minchilli, about how and where to eat in the Eternal City.
Eye on Italy News Stories:
- Updates on previous stories: Jersey Shore taping and Berlusconi’s Bunga Bunga trial delayed.
- Italy issues temporary permits to “economic migrants from Tunisia,” & consequently France is threatening to resurrect its border with Italy: [Wall Street Journal, EurActiv, Bloomberg]
Elizabeth Minchilli is an American writer who divides her time between Rome and Umbria. She has a hard time believing people actually pay her to write about the things she loves: beautiful homes and hotels, delicious food and interesting people. Elizabeth has contributed to over 40 magazines over the last 15 years and is the author of six books on the joys of Italian life. She blogs at Elizabeth Minchilli in Rome and is also the developer of the new iPhone app Eat Rome.
Where to find Elizabeth:
Eye on Italy Angolo d’Italiano:
- young, trashy / vulgar person [more on Wikipedia in Italian] (PS: It’s offensive, use with discretion) 🙂
Eye on Italy Picks of the Week:
- Sara: The Guide to Italian Aperitivo and Drinks in Italy at Ms. Adventures in Italy and Best Rome Apps from Why Go Italy
- Jessica: Near (but not in) Cinque Terre series on Grounded Traveler
- Michelle: Italians Cook It Better iPhone App
- Elizabeth: Venissa: restaurant and inn on little known island of Mazzorbo.
- Deal of the Week:
Video of the week: