Hosts Sara, Jessica & Michelle discuss two new museums set to open in Rome, a new national holiday on the Italian calendar, & ticket scams over the beatification of Pope John Paul II. Then we speak with author, lecturer, & Context Travel docent Monica Vidoni about Casanova’s Venice.
Eye on Italy News Stories:
- March 17th voted new holiday in Italy
- Italy’s first Holocaust museum to be built in Rome
- “Made in Italy” museum to to open in EUR
- Vatican warns of papal ticket scams
- Context Travel – Context has tours in 14 cities worldwide: Naples, Venice, Florence (& Tuscany), and Rome, in addition to other cities outside Italy
- The Venice of Casanova Context Travel walk
- Context Italy on Twitter
- Context Travel on Facebook
- List of Context Travel docents & their bios (including Monica)
Eye on Italy Angolo d’Italiano:
- La Quaresima – fare la quaresima – “lungo come la quaresima”
Lent – keep Lent – “long like Lent,” i.e., never-ending
Eye on Italy Picks of the Week:
- Sara: B&B Day, March 5th, Rai’s YouTube channel with links to all the other Rai YouTube channels.
- Jessica: J.Crew goes to Italy
- Michelle: Guide to Rome and Small Town Lazio: written by husband of expat friend Kataroma, together they own Chaplin B&B & Little Italy B&B in Rome.
- Monica: Volo dell’Angelo video (opening ceremony of Carnevale) – see video below
- Deal of the Week:
Video of the week:
- Volo dell’Angelo
The 2011 “Flight”