Hosts Sara and Michelle are joined by Alex Roe from Blog from Italy to talk about the latest news in Italy and learn about what topics are hot with both expats and Italians.
Eye on Italy News Stories:
- No Google Street View Photos Without Three Days’ Notice in Italy
- Update on Naples’ Trash Vesuvius – Naples calms after garbage clashes – Italy to clean up or face fines – Tensions rise in Italy rubbish row – Bad News Travels Fast from Napoli Unplugged
Alex Roe, @newsfromitaly on Twitter, is a teacher, trainer, translator, and blogger based in Milan, Italy, where he has lived for more than 10 years. Alex has blogged about news, life and goings on in Italy via his Blog from Italy site for five years. Alex’s semi-journalistic commentary on Italian affairs has been referenced by Reuters, Huffington Post and Italian news magazine L’Espresso, amongst others. Some of Alex’s articles are used as reference sources by Wikipedia, and even the CIA pops in now and again.
Mentioned during Alex’s interview: An interesting Italian word: Furbo
Eye on Italy Angolo d’Italiano:
- mandare in tilt: Italian idiom based on pinball meaning to send into confusion
Eye on Italy Picks of the Week:
- Sara: iRioni app for Rome (Italian, free), iTranslate the universal translator iPhone app (free)
- Michelle: Virtual Visit to the Sistine Chapel (h/t friend and past guest of the podcast, Dianne Hales)
- Alex: “Romanzo, Love and Corruption Italian Style” by Angela Montgomery
Deal of the Week:
- See the WhyGo Italy travel deals page for the latest travel deals
Video of the Week:
- The video of the week will be back next week 🙂