Hosts Jessica, Sara and Michelle discuss the latest news about culture and travel in Italy, including the US State Dept’s travel warning for Italy, upcoming strikes, traveling by train, and trains going pink for breast cancer awareness, and more!
Eye on Italy News Stories:
- US State Dept issues general warning for Americans traveling in Europe
- Traveler’s Guide to Strikes in Italy
- Official Italy strike schedule – a must-have for travelers!
- Rome Colosseum’s underground level opens to public via @TravelwithJulie
- Italy to Apple: remove app
- Frecciarosa trains go pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Eye on Italy Angolo d’Italiano:
- sciopero – strike! If you want to chant this with friends, you’d chant scio-per-O! scio-per-O!
Eye on Italy Picks of the Week:
- Sara: Botticelli’s “Primavera” in HD and other masterpieces (hat-tip: @Gillo), 25 Language Phrasebook for Kindle
- Michelle: Zampogna: The Soul of Southern Italy documentary; also blog post at Bleeding Espresso with my video
- Jessica: Americans traveling abroad, register with the State Department and get travel insurance before you leave
- Deal of the Week:
Video of the week:
- The entire history of the American soap opera “The Bold & the Beautiful” (“Beautiful” called in Italy) from 1987-2010 in 6 minutes, in Italian. Genius!!!