Our first episode with hosts Sara, Jessica & Michelle. The Volcano which shall not be named, Bialetti out-classed, the Shroud of Turin, volunteering vacation in Italy, and lots of recommendations for iPhone apps.
Leave us your feedback in the comments!
Eye on Italy News stories:
- One Volcano to rule them all Italy closes airspace in the north (USAToday) – Merkel lands in Rome, heads by bus – Long lines at Centrale train station – Rail strike postponed b/c of eruption – Map of closed airports in Europe (NYT)
- Uffizi app for iPhone free through April 26 [iTunes app store]
- Lonely Planet Europe city guides free through April 22 (1 Italy city=Rome) [story on LP blog]
- Bialetti moving to Eastern Europe [The Independent]
- Shroud in Turin: [One India – Nile Guide – Bella Baita View] The Shroud official site here and the online ticket booking site here. iPhone apps focusing on this [Zoomata] Info at official Piemonte site for pre-booking & visitor’s info)
Eye on Italy Picks
- Sara: DineWithItalians.com, Bialetti Mukka Express
- Jessica: HomeFood also on NYT
- Michelle: Volunteer Vacations in Italy on Italofile – Dynamocamp.org
Deal of the Week, courtesy of BootsnAll.com
- Chicago-Rome from $769 RT in May! http://bit.ly/bzuxzm